MARC USA Support & Privacy and Security Statement – Updated 1/26/2015
MARC USA values and respects the privacy of its employees. The purpose of this Privacy and Security Statement is to provide you with information about how MARC USA collects and uses any data associated to our mobile app.
About This Policy
This Privacy and Security Statement describes the privacy practices of MARC USA, and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and brands
- Use of our websites, including mobile websites
- Visits to our offices or attendance at one of our events
- Use of our applications for mobile phones, tablets or other smart devices
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third party websites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
Information We Collect
- Contact information. We may collect the names and user names, email address, phone numbers mailing addresses and other digital contact information of our employees.
- Location information. If you use our mobile websites or applications, we may collect location data obtained from your mobile device’s GPS, IP address and/or bluetooth beacons. We use this location data to provide driving directions, let others know which office you were last seen in. We only store the current location information and do not retain a history of location data in any manner.
- Other information. If you use our websites, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might track the pages you visit, look at what website you came from, or what website you visit when you leave us. We collect this information using the tracking tools described here. To control those tools, please read the Your Privacy Preferences section.
How Information is Collected
We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
- During website or survey registration
- If you use an online forum, submit a question or answer to our Product Q & A or provide us with comments or reviews
- If you upload a photo or other digital content through one of our websites or applications
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of our mobile app.
We collect information from you passively. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons. To learn more about these tools and how you utilize them so we can provide better services.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for our business purposes, including:
- To look at website and app trends and interests. We might use your information to customize your experience.
- For security purposes. We may use your information to protect MARC USA and out customers.
- For our internal communications. In certain circumstances, we may send you communications about internal programs, weather advisory’s or disaster management efforts.
- For other uses we may disclose to you.
If we have to in order to comply with the law. For example, we will disclose information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also disclose information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it.
When you use our mobile app, all of your information, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our websites from capturing and viewing your personal information.
While we use industry standard means to protect our websites and mobile app, the Internet is not 100% secure. The measures we use are appropriate for the type of information we collect. We cannot promise that your use of our websites or mobile applications will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. Online access to your personal information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not share your password.
If you have additional questions you can call us 412-562-2000. You can write to us at:
Attention: Digital Privacy Group
225 W. Stations Square Dr.
Pittsburgh, PA 15219